I bring up this short lived sketch series more than I should.
Anyone else remember it?
WHOA, this cast!
Producer Aaron Spelling threatened to sue the show over its lampoons of his TV show Beverly Hills 90210. He objected to its “tasteless” humor, which included an impersonation of his daughter and the show’s lead actress Tori Spelling exclaiming “I can do that because it’s Daddy’s show.” The show’s production company TriStar Television refused to apologise, while Mirkin responded: “The thing about these parodies is they don’t hurt a show. It’s only cross-promotion. The viewers who like the show always come back the next week. What’s upsetting to me is it shows absolutely that Mr. Spelling has no sense of humor.” According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, executive producer Mirkin was “forced off the show,” due to this negative reaction of Spelling and others.
- getoffmyblog said: completely unaware of this. incredible.
- donvans60scelebration likes this
- stephanietx likes this
- vamosvideo said: vaguely. i think the Julie Brown aspect threw me off. I remember The Vacant Lot and Exit 57 more.
- vamosvideo likes this
- torncurtain likes this
- lizarcury reblogged this from yonilotan and added:
- sagatrope likes this
- kurtispopp said: I had a crush on Jennifer Aniston because of this show…Never thought one day I’d get sick of seeing her on tv.
- halphillips said: Yep.
- halphillips likes this
- shortmikeshort likes this
- ronijohn likes this
- jonbershad reblogged this from yonilotan and added:
- alexispereira likes this
- yonilotan reblogged this from frankhejl and added:
- frankhejl posted this